Thanks so much for considering GardenDelivery.com for your non-interaction transaction.
In the last week of March 2020, Martin Garden Center put together this website to protect customers who wish to limit their exposure to COVID-19. It was never intended to be a perfect shopping portal. Instead, it was designed to protect our customers and our staff. And, can I repeat, it was thrown together in one week, more or less, and it isn't perfect.
Most customers using this website have been a joy to work with and we will cherish your stories. And, we were happy to offer this service despite the incredible toll it took on our staff to provide such a high level of personalized shopping during the busiest spring on record. We did it, though, and are going to continue to offer this service because we believe it is the right thing to do and we want to protect those customers who needed protection.
There were several bad customers who literally took the heart out of our staff by their rude behavior and ridiculous demands. One woman in particular almost made one of my 18-year old staff persons cry due to her complaints and demands, and then she had the nerve to repeatedly threaten and harass our staff because her refund was delayed by her bank.
We will not tolerate customers who are mean to our staff. Our staff work very hard and we have been stretched very thin by trying to make our customers happy and meet their needs. Yes, we mess up sometimes and we will continue to mess up. But, it is never intentional because the people who work here really do want to make your shopping experience as pleasurable as possible. However, we don't always have the time to make to achieve perfection with this and all of our services.
So, if you are interested in using this service, here are the limitations to the use of this website:
- Our inventory moves quickly so you may not get all the exact items you ordered. We will recommend substitutions but if you want specific items that we just don't have anymore, we will refund your money.
- Banks take up to 5 business days to refund your money. Once we refund your money on the website and you are notified by e-mail that the refund has been completed, we can do no more.
- If we don't contact you about your order within 2 working days by phone, please call the garden center. Call please. Don't e-mail or wait. Call.
- We don't have a minimum order but if you aren't purchasing $50 or more, we reserve the right to apply a personal shopper fee of $10 to your order. It takes a lot of our time to process these orders and this website was never designed to be a personal shopping website ... it was designed as a safety measure for you, your family, and our staff. If you have the capacity to come to the garden center and shop for yourself, then please do so rather than encumber our staff as they have numerous other tasks they need to be doing.
- Any bullying of our staff by customers will result in banning you from Martin Garden Center in perpetuity. We are providing a service, and we are not required to provide services to mean people.
I am sorry that I felt the need to write use limitations that deal primarily with mandates that customers use kindness. And, if you are offended by what I am writing, perhaps you do need to take your business elsewhere.
Shop Here with Kindness